GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:54:32 PDT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below, as usual, came from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

I told you about a week ago, that apart from "that businessman" who will
remain nameless for the moment, Managing Director Andrew Sylva and his
Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation have been behind the many
problems TAF construction is having with the Jammeh Government right now
vis-a-vis the land around the Independence Stadium called "Sinchu Yahi."

Well, everything is about to come to light. Yahya Jammeh plans to transfer
the site to Andrew Sylva and the Social Security ( I saw a Cabinet memo to
that effect) The memo says that Yahya wants at least half of the land to be
transferred Social Security. The other half of the land will, most
certainly, be divided between Yahya himself and his cronies.

And to add insult to injury, they have in fact asked TAF to demolish the
structures he had already built there, failing which the Gambia Government
will itself bring in the bulldozers to demolish it and then hand over the
bill to TAF.

EBRIMA, THESE PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS. Can you imagine what this will do to
business confidence, not to speak of the finances of this young, competent
and dedicated Gambian businessman named Mustapha Njie.

I am for the first time beginning to think like Kebba Dampha that this
government MUST GO BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Thanks as ever!!