GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:56:28 EST
In a message dated 2/17/04 1:38:53 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Folks, the relevant article carried by the Daily Observe newspaper
> intimates
> that President Jammeh did not give out the names of the companies that were
> engaged in the exploration. It therefore naturally follows that the Jammeh
> regime does not deem itelf duty bound to tell the Gambian taxepayers the
> manner and style in which state revenue is expended. This Government
> continues to behave as if the Gambia is a fifedom and Yaya Jammeh is an
> absolute monarch presiding over our welfare.
> Mr Jammeh has graciously asked gambians to embrace homogeneity on one hand
> and avoid sectionalism, tribalism and cronyism on the other. I very
> respectfully beg the president when next he meets with members of his
> cabinet to look around the table, and try to categorise them sectionally and
> tribally. It would be interesting to note how many of them belong to the
> same tribe and come from the same region with him. He should then look at
> the percentage of his own tribe in our national population, and figure out
> whether their number in the cabinet is a fair representation of their
> percentage in the national population. I have no doubt that this will prove
> his present cabinet one of the most geographically and ethnically inbalanced
> ones since independence.
> In conclusion, Mr president, I urge you to do the job you are paid to do,
> and stop " TALKING LOUD AND SAYING NOTHING!".
> Omar Joof.

Yes indeed Omar Joof. And this regime and their sidekicks think they are so
clever at diverting people's attention from what is really going on but we will
see if that game is working and how far it will take those who engage in
trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. The so-called friction between Gambia
and Senegal is also another attempt to distract people from the real games
being played.

Jabou Joh