GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
CEDRIC CEBALLOS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:41:46 -0800
Hey Binneh,
I am not trying to butt in y'all business, but have a suggestion i thought could help both you and Bajinka. The very basic essence of democracy that we and the rest of our country all so desparately yearn for is what is being trampled on here by such exchanges between the two of y'all. And that is the "Freedom of Expression". It is not a crime to be judgemental, opinionated or even bias in one's thought process. I don't think Bajinka was wrong for trying to let people know that you were once a part of the regime under scrutiny here, becuase this is relevant information that could help us in deducing a correct and accurate conclusion from your accounts of the regime being posted. But where i think he was wrong, was to sort of chastise you or discredit your accounts baselessly and did not justify it by giving us an alternative view or simply state the facts as he knew it. Personal attacks are uncall for between two good citizens with differing opinions about how best we could bring our
 country back to its normal state. We should rather engage each other in mature and fruitful debates for the benefit of our country than be involved in gibbrish talk or childish exchanges.

            And Banjinka, just because Mr. Minteh was a former member of the regime, don't mean that he could not disagree with what the regime is doing. He is a citizen just like any of us with all the rights that our constitution gauranteed him. For one thing, Mr. Minteh could be used as an EXPERT WITNESS against the regime by reason of his specialize experience and superior knowledge that he possessed about the regime with respect to formulating an accurate opinion, and you cannot. So, if there is any credibility issue, i think his accounts would be given a little more weight than ours for the simple reason that he was once a part of it. So this is actually a good thing for both of us because it not only makes us better, but it helps us avoid what we saw in neighboring countries in the past decade. Let democracy be our course, it is the only thing that helped America become great. John Kerry supported president Bush's idea to go to war in IRAQ and even voted for it, but does that
 disqualify him for critizing the president for going to war? ney.
Lets be open minded and discourse in civility to accomplish intended goals.
Thanks.
ceddy ced.

Binneh S Minteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

It is a petty that as a young Gambian,you dont  posses a genuine line of thought and tend to be ignoring the actual realities in the Gambia which you know are the hard facts.Time factor may be different, but onething stays the same, that is the importance of the Human being. If you dont shamelessly care about Gambians, OPTV  cares  and we will continue to unveil this mad man.