GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
edi sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:45:30 +0300
Quoting Muhammad Lamine Jassey-Conteh
Mr Conteh,
you are really an impossible due to your quotation on
people's contribution style.As a real opposition and
democratic in mind, you should not challenge people or
force them to do what they choose not to. The man
explain why he took that stance but you still don't get
it. My brother look unto yourself and your attitudes as
opposition and compare it to dictatorship you are
fighting against, you will see that,the difference are
minimal.

What will you feel if somebody told you to go against
your working rules and get fired,will you? even though
your boss is not doing the right thing but you are
given the highest rank. Hell know! because you are
opportunistic as well as an African.

You are really a threat to handle any post of a
government in the near future of our beloved country
and I bet you will become another dictator if these are
the ideas you are to impose. Do what you feel is right
and stop finding coheres.Who you are only expecting to
be on your weird side.

I think the gentleman deserves some credit for what he
is doing and good of. You on the other hand, as so
called politician continue on your political stance,
remember the fact that we all cannot be politicians.

I really thought that you are an intelligent person
from the very beginning,and you are sure of yourself
and your ideas. I am really disappointed that you are
far from this fact above since you are judging people
and looking who says what. To tell you the truth, you
are far from been democratic and this is very serious
if you are looking forward to entering Gambian politics.
well wishes Edi
> Mr. S. Sanneh:
>
> You cannot achieve economic growth or economic
justice without its basic
> foundation.  Political freedom and free expression of
thought are the basic
> pillars of economic development.
>
> I enjoy reading your postings about Africa. I am,
however, concern with
> your
> silence on the events in The Gambia.  I hate to
disagree without you on
> this
> important subject.  It seems that you are throwing
your intellectual
> showcase
> without addressing political situations in The Gambia.
>
> No economist or international business executive
would invest in an economy
> without studying or referencing to political freedom,
level of education,
> social development, infrastructure development and
source of economic
> wealth.
>  Dr. Nkurumah, with all his education, believed in
political freedom before
> any elements of economic development could take place
in Ghana.

> Your brevity in illustrating Pan African economic
development cannot take
> place when our countries lack the basic rights to
free thought.  No
> economist
> will agree with your assertion of economic
development in any specific
> entity.
>
> I invite you to do some research on the basic reasons
why the African
> continent lacks economic development.  Before we can
take a giant step out
> of
> our country, we must address critical issues facing
us.  We must address
> the
> plight of innocent Gambians who are paraded with the
dictator's ignorance.

> Comrade,
>
> Muhammad Lamine Jassey-Conteh

postings, go to the Gambia-L