GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebou colly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 08:46:31 -0700
--Dear KB,

Hope everything is fine with you on this Sunday
morning? I just decided to extend to you my joy and
serious satisfaction over the special role you are
playing in the struggle. I think together, our
vigilance and uncompromising positions is helping a
lot to properly shape the line of events at home. I
have been receiving favorable comments from The Gambia
indicating that we have been doing a great job by
hitting frequent blows on where it hurts the APRC
government most. That means we are definitely on track
and must not under any pressure relent from the focal
point. We must sustain the momentum and keep on
telling everybody out there that the April massacres
is not negotiable, forgettable or "delayable". It is
the worst crime that a government could commit on its
people making those governors better fit for firing
squad or indefinite incarceration than still leaving
them there pretending to investigate themselves.
And unfortunately, there are still those opposing
elements such as Halifa Sallah who could have been
more effective but would sometimes fall for their
calculated stratagems. But I think that with all his
endless arguments our messages to him have made its
desired effect. Trying to lecture the bandits on the
constitutional guidelines of that irrelevant coronary
report was the last thing we needed from him. You were
right when you expressed your fear for providing these
snakes with pointers that they can resort to, to
merely waste more time.
Anyway I could read from his last postings that the
contents and style of his messages have some how
changed for the better. This time he was less
mechanical and more natural with the whole situation,
telling us the hard facts as the common person would
want to hear and understand them.
I hope the other opposition forces will also start
making the massacre agenda a greater priority than the
crude-oil thing with the UDP and the farmer’s
un-bought groundnuts with the NRP. There is no better
justifiable course to declare total war against Yaya’s
government than the murder and maiming of those poor
kids. Treating it as a side issue to any challenge the
opposition forces may wish to launch against Yaya is
unrealistic. This is what I think we should keep on
reminding everybody out there; and your contribution
towards that has been tremendous. So I urged you to
keep up the great work and understand that I am your
dependable comrade at anytime and any place.

Yaya must go by all means!

Have a nice day brother.

Ebou Colly

=== message truncated ===