GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:32:03 EST
Dear Annika Renberg,

Such is what the justice system or non-justice system has come to in our dear
country. However, some of us staying in countries where our rights are
protected under the law, or those at home who think they are free in the wake of all
the injustice going on around them keep insisting that all is well in The
Gambia where a man or woman can be locked up even without formal charges being
brought against them, or where they are denied bail and jailed illegally before
they are convicted of anything by a court of law, or where vague charges are
brought against someone and then the game playing to keep them jailed or
prolong their incarceration follows, or where people are killed or shot and no one
is ever charged with the crime. I wonder what bad governance is if this one is
good.
This regime will pay the price of their misdeeds one day.

Jabou Joh