GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"B.M.Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:48:21 +0100
Hamjatta,

You have said it all. Mr. Jasseh Conateh has suprised me by his
veracious attach on Sidi. It shows that Mr Jasseh-Conateh lacks the
basic knowledge and understanding of the role and functions of
the African development bank. To enlighten yourself of what the ABD is
all about visit their web site at www. afdb.org and the myriad of
questions you raised will be answered. It is very easy for people like
you (monday morning arm chair quarterbacks) to pontificate and
take the moral high ground whilst honest professionals like Sidi are
working their socks off to make a difference in the economic and
political development of the continent. Have we not been saying the
solutions to African problems have to come from within and not from
North Carolina.

Because of his humble nature, Sidi provided you with an honest answer
to your rhetorical questions. He desisted from informing you that he is
an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR at the ADB representing at least 6 countries. He
is therefore constrained by rules to make political comments of a
public mature to an informal forum like the L.The ADB has a modus
operandi to channel their views of develpments in the continent. Do you
know what they, the ADB are doing with regards to governance in the
continent. My friend you are showing lack of understanding and
disrespect. Sidi is old enough to be a father to many people on the
list. You have your views and strongly support the opposition and from
your posting you always tend to tell people to be in your camp. that
does not mean that we all have to agree with you. Our view and opinions
do not always have to converge. Mr Jasseh-Conateh you owe this
respectable gentleman and apology for your relentless attacks.

Sometimes some of you guys do not fail to amaze me.

Basil