GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Njai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:32:49 EDT
While Halifa Sallah was in New York, we had a follow up meeting with him
regarding this issue of Gambians abroad voting. Since Halifa's promise of
follow up with IEC was fulfilled [see letter published in Foroyaa] and you've
got the ball rolling, please forward the letter to all Gambian newspapers,
websites, Abdoulaye wade, humanitarian groups and embassies in the Gambia. As
brother Halifa reiterated, only the IEC, an independent organ with its own
budget, has the sole right to decide on this matter and not Yahya Jammeh. We
know that he, Yahya, unforgivably characterizes us, gambians living abroad,
as his worst nightmare, hey tough luck. The fate of Gambia must be our
responsibility, as never shall we sit idly by and watch from the sidelines,
while some oxymoron's loot, rape, murder and destabilize our dear Gambia and
future leaders.
Ps. Why don't you send the draft to Halifa for further suggestions?