GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:49:12 -0500
YAHYA'S NARROW NATIONALISM HAS ALREADY IRRITATED OUR NEIGHBOURS.

OPTV wanted to bring to the attention of concerned Gambians that Yahya's
latest narrow nationalistic feelings have irritated our neighbours
starting with Senegal.

The Le soleil.sn of Senegal has already released an article and it's title
says that IN THE GAMBIA FOREIGNERS ARE FORBIDDEN TO DRIVE.Where did
lesoleil get that apart from the latest sppeech that our irate IGP 13
Badjie made? Lesoleil's latest article was published on the 12th february
2004! You can visit their site and then type the word 'gambie'on top of it
and see the list of articles on our unfortunate Republic.

I have a friend at this university who is from Guinea Bissau and he was
furious because one of his brothers who is a taxi driver in Banjul asked
him to send him some money because he was planning to go back following
this latest mad move.We all remember how the fees on residential permits
were added abruptly by Famara Jatta. That made Gambia lose foreign
teachers so much so so that the private evening studies fees has increased
a lot. Some selfish people will tell us that those studies are one's
choice not the gvt that forced it on the students.That is a shameless
appraoch.In a country where children go to school without break fast and
then do not see their teachers on time(because the teachers also) have to
get fish money for their families.How can a school day that starts late
and then ends early suffice for any serious learner?

Many parents cannot afford paying for their kids to study in the evening
but would have prefered it that way.The schools( save the private ones)
are just paintings nothing more.

Ignorance and immaturity is what is sending our country to the gutter.This
is sad!

Mad Yahya himself was blaming Gambians for refusing to take up the jobs
that foreigners are handling that is,construction,fishing,welding etc
etc.Those were the days when he got drunk after smoking ganja telling
people that he wished he could change our men to Senegalese ones! The same
mad man has opted to send a police officer to jeopardise our diplomatic
and historical links with those dear neighbours.Even if there are laws
governing some areas why not the police be cautious and avoid making such
sensational and alarming statements?! Now how can mad Yahya reconcile that
with his shameless remarks,when he said that Guineans and Mauritanians
were exempted from paying for those papers he is denying them now?

Which Guinean will accept staying in The Gambia without paying for an
alien card and then being denied a driver's licence? The IGP will be held
responsible if Gambians are denied access to certain privileges in our
neighbouring countries forthwith.

He should be ready because the rumours are rife that Dakar university
students are very angry with what has been happening in Banjul.Well when
OPTV said that the shootings at check points were directed at Senegalese
some minds were sceptical and others denied in defence of mad Yahya.How
about the latest isn't that a classic way of implimenting what was said
after Pap Faal was shot? Immediately after OPTV wrote, didn't we read on
the dailyobserver that the Gambia Police Force did the next shooting near
Brikama?

Is the police taking over the dirty job in the open and then the JUNGLERS
are continuing to kill unnoticed?

OPTV does not need to waste a minute on anyone trying to defend this
madness now because our neighbours will handle Yahya on their own if he
becomes uncontrollable.That is fix and certain.

All those lorry drivers who transport mangoes,logs and other commodities
in and around the Gambia are mostly foreigners so what will happen now?

Gambians stand to lose and we will continue suffering as far as madness is
hanging above our heads.The anti foreigner's feelings that Yahya is
germinating in the minds of Gambians by attempting to lean on protocols
that he does not even read will make our people suffer.The Gambia is the
smallest and poorest within that area,who is Yahya cheating or offending
apart from us the ones at home?

Yahya as I said is not Gambian at heart and in his surrounding so he cares
less.

Let 13 Badjie and Yahya try xenophobia and see they will die by that very
principle as soon as God steps in.

Migration is a human phenomenon that wickedness cannot stop so they have
to be careful.

When Yahya shamelessly offered that false supportive move to those
Guineans OJ went against it out right. Well didn't we see his lackeys
trying to say that OJ was anti foreigner? OJ was making a point and wanted
them to do everything through the due process of law period.OJ was not
selfish because his own parents share some roots with those people,however
he was calling mad Yahya's attention for him to recognise the laws of the
land and the very ECOWAS protocol he is refering to now!

Yahya is really shameless! Anyway I knew him well before he stole power
and I can tell everyone that Yahya suffers from serious inferiority
complex.It is certain that Yahya was trying to impress his Guinean in-laws
and said so.Indirectly OPTV has discovered that his move was meant to save
some people who are close to his wife and they came to install their
business in The Gambia.Don't we remember the festival that he held near
Kotu ie laying a foundation stone of a project from Guinean investors?
Guinea?!

Today Yahya should read the news and see what the university students are
vomitting on Lansana Conteh.It is right there on the allafrica.com.

Gambians in Senegal have to take a move right away and solicit a meeting
with president Wade ad then clear themselves from Yahya's madness.Wade
will certainly approve of that and save them from any growing reactions. I
wish Yahya could passby the Shiek Anta Jobe university these days! He
would have seen hell!

Gambians are tallking and writing but OPTV and others will very soon move
to another stage!Yahya has already started the flames between us and our
neighbours.

In Mauritania Yahya should not be surprised if he loses his face in
Nouachott very soon.

Oul Taya will never entertain befriending a mad man at the expense of his
economy.

Please Gambians do not forget calling and airing your views on Radio Tam
Tam on the 17 feb 2004,the eve of our national day.There is reason why
that day has been chosen,please allow me to conceal our hard core tactics
for now.

Another talk show will take place on a radio in Guinea Bissau and
Mauritania in the near future.Hopefully Yahya would have gone by then.God
knows better.

Binneh S Minteh

NYU.EDU

NB
BAJINKA IF YOU ARE READING THIS, TAKE NOTE THAT GOD WILL BE THE TRUE JUDGE
BETWEEN ALL OF US AND ONETHING I CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE IS THAT JUSTICE
SHALL PREVAIL AND IN THE EYES OF GOD WE SHALL ALL SEE HOW THIS REGIME WILL
END.
                                                PEACE AND KEEP YA HEAD UP..