GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:44:44 GMT
All,

I had a call last night from a dynamic community leader informing me of news
he's heard that eleven senior members of the APRC govt led by "that woman"
are on their way to NY (the UN) to "explain" the "truth" about the April
student Demo. We all know what "truth" means to these people. And not to
disappoint anyone who has big hopes about the UN, but funny things happen at
that building in Manhattan. With the proper contacts, rogue regimes have
been known to pull off successful PR coups at the UN!

Since it would be too much to expect Tombong or Essay Sey to confirm this
mission for us, some members of the NYC community are already on the alert.
They're ready to "welcome" the harbingers of this Jammeh despot. Any
hearings scheduled at the UN will be crashed in. Whoever their audience are,
will HAVE to hear the real version of events. Those in NYC who have the time
should call the UN's general info line, or liaise with other activists to
find out "that woman's" schedule. Some people in DC are ready to travel to
NY to join in the protest, WHEN the team's arrival and itinenary are
confirmed. So, we're relying on the Big Apple guys here. First, see if you
can confirm the arrival of this Damage Control team, and let us know WHEN
they're scheduled to meet UN officials. Any time you think these people
can't sink any lower, they pull a spell binder on you...

Saul.