GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tejan Nyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:06:39 -0800
IN THE NAME OF ALLAH MOST GRACIOUS MOST MERCIFUL

"Al-Hamdu Lillaahil-Lazhi laa yuhmadu alal masaa'ibi ghairuhu"
"Praise be to Allah besides whom none receives praise in calamity"

Was Salaatu was Salaamu Alaa Rasoolil-Laah

Assalaamu Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam. May Allah's Peace and Divine Providence be with you all.

The very sudden and unexpected demise of our dear and beloved Sister, Mother and Aunt, Awa Nyang has hit our small Community in Oslo as a thunderbolt completely out of the blue. Yet as Believing Servants of Allah, we have nothing but to say: "INNA LILLAAHI WA INAA ILAIHI RAAJI'OON" - "To Allah we all belong and to Him we shall all return". To Allah indeed belongs whatever He gives and whatever He chooses to take back.

Sister Awa Nyang was indeed known as a Lady of Peace - a great witness of truth for any human being especially one who lived and died as a follower of Islam: The Great Religion of Peace. Awa was respectful, quiet, dutiful and loving in all aspects; as a sister, working mother and neighbour. May Allah in His infinite Mercy receive her departed soul with forgiveness and mercy. May He make Jannat-al-Firdaws her Everlasting Home. Aamin! We will indeed all miss her very deeply.

Our heartfelt Condolences go out to every member of our Community and Masjid but especially to the Nyang Family and friends in Norway, The Gambia and the entire diaspora. Our hearts are with you. Our prayers are with you and we are all with you in this difficult moments of sorrow and mourning. May Allah's Mercy be with her.

The Funeral Arrangements have been made for tomorrow Friday, 29th Muharram 1431 / 15. Jan. 2010 insha Allah as follows:

10:00hrs - Funeral Service (Salaatul Janaaza) at Daru Salaam Centre - Gr鷢land 12b
11:30hrs - Burial at H鼜br廞en Graveyard (Muslim Section) - (Furuset T-Bane Station)
                                                       12:30hrs -  Salaatul Jumua begins - after which Quran Recitation, Charity (Sadaqa) and Du'aa will be made for and in honour of the blessed memory of the deceased.

May Allah reward everyone for their efforts, solidarity and support. Was- Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmat-Allah!

Daru Salaam Islamic Centre
Gr鷢land 12 B
0188 Oslo

中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中