GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 07:26:50 EST
Jabou,
    It seems again the philosophic insight that time is really the master is
proven in your recent posting on the 1997 constitution to my learned friend
Halifa.
    Apparently whilst you see the need to insinuate treachery on me and my
compatriots (Saul and Cherno) part, you didn't fail to exploit the helpful
insight it has offered to you and hordes of others. In your last posting, you
wrote to Halifa that        "please let me know how I can obtain those
pamphlets on the constitution." Interesting isn't? It has just struck you odd
that whilst you spent time prowling the corridors of the Gambia-L, time you
could had best spent learning the basic tenets of the 1997 constitution even
though you relish and enjoy disparaging Jammeh and his lads online. So thanks
partly to our efforts in initiating this discourse, you have benefited hugely
to the point of you see it necessary to buy your copy of the document in
question. Ah I get it now so we have actually pricked consciences yours
included to read your constitution.
    So it was quite a disbelief to go back in time and realise that you did
pour scorn on us by insinuating that " those whose only contribution has been
to rob our country and our people blind, and feed an insatiable power
hungriness pound their chests, and the cronies of yet another generation of
opportunists devise ever more deceitful ways to pull the wool over our eyes."
Now Jabou where is the basis of this "cronies of yet another generation of
opportunist" in asking Halifa questions that he ought to answer as a public
figure? Doesn't this have gut the wrenching stench of toe curling hypocrisy
to denounce and label what you are so clearly ignorant about whilst on the
other hand you grabbed at the freebie information that spurred you to request
a copy of the 1997 constitution? Do you know me? Have you ever met me? What
do you know of me? What basis do you have to insinuate me as a "crony" of
some imagined new "generation of opportunists"? Isn't this just figments of
your demented, twisted, feverish and risible imaginations?
    Further, you went on your puerile delusional slurs that: "......please be
forewarned, manipulation, trickery and attempts to discredit do not and
cannot qualify as acceptable methods."  So who are you kidding with this
claptrap of us "discrediting" Halifa's person by asking questions? So you see
it as "discrediting" Halifa's person when he was rattled by difficult
questions of his role during the transition, yet you went gung-ho to exploit
the material that was/is forthcoming from the discourse? And yet you even
dare call yourself "wide awake"; that your "feet is planted firmly on the
ground." What sentimental nonsense! What utter puerile piffle! What toe
curling hypocrisy!
    Have you ever bothered to ask the simple question what motivates me in
questioning Halifa?  I have given here on this list a litany of reasons of
the good we all (assuming you are part of the post-colonial generation)
benefited from the emergence of the PDOIS as a political force in the late
80's. I have paid my dues to Halifa and CO. What is troubling you then to
make you say what said about us? Didn't what I say suffice for you? In any
case a decent civilised person would have communicated to me in private and
ask questions that doubted him/her about me. But you see it fit to use you
use baseless delusions of grandeur to suffice as a yardstick in judging me.
    Did you know whilst you were busy hanging out in the West making the best
of it there youths like me were busy proselytising the PDOIS message to those
who have not heard. I was only a teenager then but I was even then canvassing
votes for Mbye Ceesay (an uncle to my close mate Francis Baba who first
introduced me to Foroyaa) then PDOIS candidate for Banjul North in the
Tobacco area during the 1992 elections. My father wouldn't even speak to me
for weeks because I managed to win my older brothers to the cause of what he
labelled as "free thinkers party." I would agitate the sons/wards of former
PPP ministers at Saint Augustine's' High with my new found cause even though
I've never been a formal/official member of PDOIS although a member at heart.
What have you been doing for the Gambia then? Busy making Benjamin's? Making
nuff Pounds? Polishing your Ebonics? Or is that Peckham Rye? Trying to look
glossy like some wanna-be sophisticate of the 90's?
    I have decided to hold my fire initially because the anger that went
through me when I read your nonsensical dementia, would have made me write
what could completely derail the discourse with Halifa. But with hindsight
I'm glad I let you make a complete fool of yourself by digging holes that
showed you were not the sobered woman I initially deciphered and perceived
you to be. But clearly you only showed that you are part of those
masquerading as sophisticate-wanna-bes who in reality are nothing but
embecilic morons who prowl the corridors of this cyberspace community.

hkanteh