GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:02:50 EDT
The word "Domi Haram" is not an appropriate one for Essa to use here or
towards anyone, and the connection to Islam made is inappropriate and untrue.
This word refers to individuals of illegitimate birth, and I can assure you
that Ms Jahumpa is not one as I am quite familiar with her origins.

I do not support this murderous regime, nor do I like or appreciate the idea
that anyone I know is rendering them such support, but we must debate and
disagree with respect and civility, otherwise, we loose our credibility.
We Gambians need to learn not to make enemies out of those who disagree with
our political views. Each of us is free to support whoever we please, and
history will surely take care of the rest. That is for sure, and that is
enough.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 6/23/00 5:10:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Essa Thomas,
 I am totally disappointed with you,if you cannot understand the wrong
 you have done.I don`t think Islam will call somebody "Dormi Haram"for
 expressing his/her
 political stands.Islam is a fair religion!It  is only the muslim
 fanatics who moves the
 religion to wrong courses by misleading people.Could you kindly find out
 the proper
 meaning of "Dormi Haram"? Essa,Fatou is from a decent blood.
 I am related to Fatou and was brought up together with the whole Jahumpa
 family >>