GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 19:24:15 +0000
brother Abdou,it is not the atheist in you.we all despair some times,but our believe in the message of god shouldn't be affected.if you look at any field of studies ,the messages in those professions are in languages that people can understand, yet we spend years trying to comprehend the real message a particular subject is talking about .do we query that ? eample chemestry.accountancy,philosophy,politics etc and for example how many year do a lawyer study to become a practising lawyer in the bar ? how many times do musician practise to able to play a good music ?
  the art of writing ,is learn not just skills .similarly the noble message of God was entrusted to men chosen by him and those men pass the message to the rest of human beings.it becomes necessary due to passage of time that the spoken words of God be written down for posterity ,so that you and i and the rest of humanity can benefit from attaining salvation if we desire to follow the ways of the righteous ,that is the prophets.human beings often times act a little selfish ,it does become necessary to look carefully at the ways the message of god is interpreted from the original language of the chosen prophet to other dialectical spoken languages.some have ulterior motives and other hidden agendas ,and in this situation the ahamadiya jammat ,they claim to be another sect among muslims ,but in reality a close analysis will disprove that ,they are not muslims in the sense of the majority of those who follow Muhammad (pbuh) ,they use his name but they follow the man Qulam
 Ahamad Qadiani from India .
  Mr qulam Ahamad use his own wisdom's and he profess to recieving revelation from God but he still use the quran has his basis ,yet the same quran contradict him in every known angle .this is why we are watchful over every efforts of the ahmadiya jammat .they don't belong to Islam as understood by the sahabahs or even prophet Muhammad .yes ,God can make his words easily understandable in every language but we have to put a little effort in learning god words just like we take time to learn how to gain our worldly material things.
  just 2% of our time can do a lot in clearly getting the message of god.
  the bible went through different revise translations from its original language why ? if any one thinks that he/she can speak Arabic or Hebrew and then start translating delicate words of god ,he/she may end up passing on a completely different message .who verify the ahamdiya leadership to ascertain the competency of the translators ? it is not as simple as being open minded as we think .if we are particular about our material life's then ,i feel we should be a little particular about our spiritual life's also .we verify the stories of journalist,lawyers,writers etc ,so why not translators ? it is not intolerance but being observant.accept my salam .

Abdou Bobb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Suntou,

Maybe it is the atheist in me that cannot understand why a god that created all the wonderfully rich and various tongues in the world would only want to communicate with it's subjects using only one of them. I have met many a believer that insists that the full sense of the texts in the Quran cannot be translated. But all texts, even in their original languages, are the subject of interpretation. Just ask anybody who has studied a bit of text analysis and rhetoric.

Cheers!