EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
dave skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:39:12 -0800
>This is surprising even to me and as you can tell I'm a bit skeptical of
>this low (and no) carb mania.  I just happen to think that it's based upon a
>lot of skewed and incomplete information.

there is no need to be skeptical, the proof is out there.  just think about
how sweet a crab apple is, or a gooseberry, or a currant, or a cranberry,
or consider the size of a wild strawberry.  I assume the *native* fruits of
other cultures are also just as tart and/or small.

btw, there are other mail lists where the contents of the diets of folks
before the advent of grain (about 10k years ago) are (or used to be)
academically debated.