EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Fobare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:22:20 -0400
Deidre:

Art posted the following to the list on Nov 27, 2000:

"I have made new additions to the technology of Power Law training that
Robert refers to and they will also be in the condensed version to be
available. I have developed new ways to recruit fast twitch muscle fiber in
those muscles where they are most abundant. Based on a review of most of
the caloric deprivation literature, and an understanding of the episodic
nature of eating in a natural environment, I have also found ways to time
meals and exercise so as to trigger hormone drives that give the essential
benefits of extreme caloric deprivation (the only known intervention shown
to extend life) without the cost of chronic hunger and loss of lean body
tissue and metabolic rate."

Its nuggets like this(but not limited to) that 1) prompted me to subscribe
to this list earlier this year, and 2) hoard all of the Border's gift
certificates I receive on my birthday, etc. so I can not only buy a copy of
the upcoming book for myself plus additional copies for friends & family.

I do believe Art has mentioned at least one tactic involving meal timing
that probably springs forth from consideration of CR: waiting for some
time(45 mins?) after an workout before consuming a meal.

Dave Fobare

Deidre wrote:
>I know the theory, but I wonder whether this "diet" (in the larger
>sense, as Art uses it) really will, as he says, produce the same
>benefits as Calorie Restriction, without the hunger.
>
>There is good evidence for the effects of CR on mice and other
>creatures. Is there anything comparable for Evolutionary Fitness? Excuse
>me if this has been covered before - just point me to the archives.

To unsubscribe from the list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the email.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser