EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Craig Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:41:55 -0500
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

John Cogburn wrote:

>I'm reading a book called "The Circadian Prescription" by Sidney Baker.  In
>it, he mentions hunter-gtherers a number of times and comes up with soem
>prescriptions.  The most interesting one to me is this:  eat protein and
>fat during the day, and save the carbs for night.  This is against the
>advice you normally see in magazines, where they say eating carbs at night
>will end up as fat.  Baker claims that the body actually needs carbs during
>sleep for repair and rejuvenation.
>
>Anyways, I'm trying this for a week.  Any other thoughts on this?

Whether the body needs carbs or not, I can't speak to.  But my
body certainly *hungers* for carbs after dark, whereas I can eat
protein all day without any carb cravings.  However, I am
terribly overweight, so carbs at any time of day aren't good for
me!

.:. Craig

with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the e-mail.