EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Carvajal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 09:39:58 -0500
Growing up,I was alway's a skinny kid;alway's underweight.I could eat the
house and not gain an ounce.When I hit my thirties,it seems that my love
handles became prominent,and I realized that I could no longer eat a carb
loaded diet.I carefully switched and used a diet that went against the grain
(no pun intended).Working on my Master's in Exercise Physiology,I
constantly read about the benefit's of a carbloaded diet for athlete's and
the rest of us.I did my own research and experimented on myself and
realized ,our individuality is our strongest ally.We need, each and
everyone of us ,to find out the most we can about ourselve's in order to
gain the most benefit from our diet and exercise program's.As a strength
and conditi
oning coach,all my athelet's are treated individually, when it
comes to conditioning program's and diet,although I feel that a majority of
them don't handle carb's well and are very carb resistant,and need a more
paleo type diet.Once they make a metabolic shift they seem to optimize GH
level's and begin to make strength and hypertrophy gain's.Carb's are eaten
only every 4-5 day's and usually only for one meal in order to boost
glycogen level's and usually as the last meal of the day.