EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudi Kirkhope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:32:21 -0600
Funny you should mention this.
I recently went for a check-up at my local doc's, and he also thoought I had
an "abnormality". An ECG was done to check out my heart function and I was
referred to the local hospital for further tests.
Nothing was found. I think it transpires that as I have a very low resting
heart rate, and am fitter (than the average joe) that my heart is not under
stress when resting so can throw in a few bloopers occasionally. I work in
veterinary medicine as a horse doc, and we see the same thing in fit horses-
  they often have murmurs and missed beats purely related to the size of the
heart and thier fitness levels.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Rudi