EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:30:07 -0400
As to the question of keying diet to the season,  Lights Out, Sleep, Sugar
and Survival by Wiley and Formby speaks to the evolutionary aspects of diet
relative to seasonal availability of types of food.  Specifically, for Euro
paleo populations, they hypothesize (no surprise) higher carbs in the
summer.  Its an interesting book but, I think, begs for the filter of
critical, comparative analysis.  I found their attempts at wit and sarcasm a
little lame for the context of the subject matter.
            Also,  I think someone on this list had mentioned Faigin’s book,
Natural Hormonal Enhancement,  some weeks r months ago.  I have the book and
have completed the 7 day Atkins like ketogenic phase and am several cycles
into the low carb/carb load macronutrient cycling.  Is anyone else familiar
with the book and, more to the point, does anyone have a significant attempt
at compliance with his approach under their belt (no pun at first intended;
I actually have lost a little under the belt so far!)??
Rick Strong

To unsubscribe from the list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the email.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser