EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edith Mcklveen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:34:19 -0400
Based on the history of both sides of my family, I reached the statistical midpoint of my life about three years ago.  Folks on both sides of my family seem to live to be ninety-ish.

My goal is to try and spend the second half of the game living as well as possible (healthfully, usefully, compassionately).  Having just started to eat differently, I  wish I had had this knowledge for the
first half.

My take on "living forever" comes from my mother, who once said, "Can you imagine what would happen if some really selfish, greedy, hateful people lived forever?  The misery they could cause would be unbelievable."  If my next-door neighbor lived forever, there could be real trouble.

Well, back to the almonds (they are quite an addicting snack0.

Edith

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/18/01 03:59AM >>>

<snip>

Hmmmm, 'for ever' is a very long time ....... rephrasing .... I want to live for as long as I choose, with none of the disadvantages of aging. I would like to be able to depart at will, although I can't think why I would want to depart. I am just getting the hang of this living business.

Edith, I guess you have reasons (or constraints) keeping you in your neighborhood.  I predict that with your focus on health and longevity you will soon go on to better things, better places.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser