EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
dave skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:02:18 -0800

>If you think about it in this way the arguments about whether the Level Two
>foods should be carbs or fats seems to lose its importance. I think the
>answer is "either."

not quite.  if you eat carbs it will increase insulin levels.  you cant get
fat out of your cells into your blood stream in the presence of insulin or
amino acids into the cells in the absence of insulin....  this is what
makes it so hard to add muscle on a low carb diet.  you need insulin to
enable the muscles to grow.  if you want to grow muscle, you are better off
eating carbs.  CKD's are are compromise to attempt to outsmart the body to
grow muscle while lowcarbing.

but, who would want to be on a low carb diet if you dont need to eat that
way?  (and btw, I often exist in ketosis because of food sensitivity and
insulin issues)  low carb diets are boring.  CKDs are in some ways worse,
but do allow you to pig out on carbs once in a while.  in that respect,
they may be a paleo diet*grin*

I've got an opinion that folks can loose weight eating either low carb or
high carb.  but if they eat both, the insulin issues make it harder to
loose weight.