EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Kerrigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:00:01 -0400
Robert,

Can you point me in the right direction in finding the Loren Cordain
"projected energy expenditure" paper that you referred to below?  I can't
seem to find it at he IJSM web site.

I appreciate your help.

Mike

-----------------

At 04:00 PM 7/4/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Date:    Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:13:26 -0500
>From:    Robert Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: (1) No Pain, No Gain? (2) Seniors
>
>Something to keep in mind with regards to activity levels is that
>virtually every skeleton found from pre-agricultural eras exhibits the
>muscle attachments on par with those of olympic athletes.  Our ancestors
>WERE very active (check out Loren Cordains paper on the projected energy
>expenditure of HG's).  Your point that our ancestors were likely excellent
>organizers and not simply pushing boulders about for the heck of it is most
>certianly true, however this does not diminish the amounts and intensities
>of of activities they performed.  In Another aspect of the paleo life-way is
>the enormous amounts of rest which HG's had.  essentially very hard work and
>LOTS of rest. Most modern periodized training for elite athletes follows
>patterns similar to this.
>Robert

To unsubscribe from the list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the email.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser