EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ron Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:21:02 -0500
Greetings Everyone from Tasmania, Australia about as down under as you can
get.

I found Art's Website awhile back now and was very happy when I revisted
recently to find the discussion list, what a blast so much great
information, thanks to you all out there for the interesting posts on the
most important theories ever.

I have been reading all the Archives the old ones where great, thought it
was a good idea before I asked any questions that have been covered in
detail before, and like everyone else look foward to the book.

I'm 42 yrs old male and have tried to find the best fitness lifestyle, in
the past I have overtrained in everyway except weights, mostly aerobic,
running ect. and was a yoga practicing yogi vegetarian for ten
years....sigh what a
 waste of muscle tissue, but I'm on the way back useing
Art's and Blood Types theories, and eating meat and no carbs and grains and
feel great.

I would like to ask a couple of questions.

1.  I have a "Total Gym" machine, "slant board with wires and pulleys and
uses bodyweight" does anyone have experience with this and does it fit into
the power law training for strength. I have no experience with weight
training, what is the best way to start, maybe a gym trainer for technique
first?

2. Swimming often is touted as the best exercise??? maybe wading through
water and some laps would be closer to E. Fitness than miles of laps,
swimming is a whole body workout but I would like to get away from aerobic
style conditioning, maybe treading water would be closer to the ideal.

Thanks

Ron Moss