EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudi Kirkhope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:13:52 -0600
1) EF does contain components of calorie restriction in
> >that one attains a high degree of lean muscle mass which therefore
>requires
> >more calories.
>
>would choke Linguo the Grammar Robot. Since the good Dr. is likely on
>summer hiatus, Robert, could you explain this?
>
>Dave Fobare

There is certainly logic and scientific fact that lean muscle burns more
calories (even when sedentary) than the equivalent amount of body fat.
I think this is what Robert was trying to get at, right Rob?

I think another important component here is that you may WELL find that by
removing all those empty carbs from your diet (ice cream? donuts? sweetened
cereals? etc)you will be taking in less calories per day, even with high
meat intakes - especially if you eat lean cuts of meat, fish and eggs.

FWIW, I myself (being too lean and wanting to GAIN weight vs. lose it)found
that by dropping out a lot of the carbs, it became NECESSARY to eat fattier
cuts of meat, leave skin on poultry and eat oily fish to maintain my calorie
intake.

Rudi K

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser