EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Boulin Rick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 08:54:19 -0500
Iain,
If you liked Tamir's website, you should check out the book "Dinosaur
Training" by Brooks Kubik.  That's where a lot of the sandbag/farmer's
walk exercises came from (not originally, of course).  The URL is

http://www.dinosaurtraining.com/

I bought the book shortly after Tamir started discussing it in the old
mailing list and really enjoyed it.  I still refer to it often. Brooks
Kubik's writing is so macho it's funny but there's a lot of good content
and routines in there.  I would also suggest checking out cyberpump.com,
a HIT site with lots of routines.  I think the EvFit caveat there would
be "just don't go to failure..."
I've currently streamlined my workouts to deadlifts and incline benches
only (in addition to walking, jumping and sprinting) using Pavel's book
"Power to the People" as a guideline.  I'm seeing some good, steady
increases in strength using this approach.  Art's workouts (you can find
a few if you dig around in the old archives) are more varied with a lot
of exercises I wouldn't ordinarily do (e.g., bent over lat raises).
I've come to the conclusion that Art's routines (at least the few that
I've seen) are a little more maintenance/health-oriented whereas the
Pavel approach is more geared to building strength.  This is me groping
around in the dark though, since I don't think any of us have seen the
complete EvFit workout.  I'm going to continue with the Pavel approach
through the end of the month and then probably go back to a more varied
routine.