EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:12:46 -0700
> Funny you should mention this.
> I recently went for a check-up at my local doc's,
> and he also thoought I had
> an "abnormality".

Same thing happened to me recently during a life
insurance physical. Because the insurance company
wanted to "rate" me (i.e. - charge a higher rate
because of this "abnormality"), I went to a "real"
doctor to have this condition verified. Fortunately, I
picked a doctor who was easily able to pinpoint the
"abnormality". He said I have "early polarization
phenomenon", which he said is a normal variant. After
getting completely lost from his explanation, I did a
little research on my own, and found that my heart
"re-energizes" in preperation for the next beat a
little sooner than normal. I also learned that this
condition is common in young, trained athletes (I am
43).