EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dan C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:14:37 +0000
>But I am really concerned about my weight.  It's been going up and down in
>the most bizarre fashion.  Up five pounds one day, down five the next.  Up
>three pounds one day, down five the next. Up three one day,up three the
>next, down two.  What the heck is that?  For about the past three months,
>my weight has been pretty consistent, varying by a pound or two, but
>unfortunately, despite consistent exercise and attempts to modify my diet,
>it has not budged at all, till this week.

Hi!

Don't bother yourself too much with the scale. It is almost irrelevant.
Water retention by itself will give you notable fluctuations. Meal timing
too. Body fat percentage and just the plain old mirror are your best guides.

Example : Two six feet men at 200 pounds. One has a body fat percentage
under 10% and is "ripped". The other is over 20% and looks obese. Same
weight, different body composition.

Just my 2 cents.

Dan C.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser