EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 07:38:36 -0500
hi Edith,
maybe you should think of the question as being, 'can i afford NOT to?'
what i do is, watch the sales, and what's on sale is what i eat that week.
if chicken thighs are on sale for $0.89 a pound, i'm having lots of chicken
for the next few days.  the fatty kind of beef is usually fairly cheap,
since no one else wants the fat and that's why i buy it.  chuck roast,
ground chuck, like that.
as for fruits and veggies, eat what's seasonal, that's close to the
paleomodel and cheaper, fresher.
and you can buy seasonal fruit in the summer and dry it to have in the
winter.....you can get a cheap dehydrator at WalMart.
if you have the space, start a garden.  from a 8'x20' plot, i grow enough
greens to feed me and my iguana (he eats more than i do) from April thru
November (in Pennsylvania...in a better climate, you could do it year-round).
if you have freezer space, your options get even better.  i help coordinate
our area's food pantry, and last fall, i had a taxidermist call me, he had
so much venison on his hands, from folks who only wanted the deer head
mounted, that he was looking to give it away!
think outside the box, and you'll find lots of options.....i only draw the
line at roadkill scavenging, and that's only because i'm too sqeamish for
that ;)

JoAnn.

To unsubscribe from the list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the email.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser