EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:13:26 -0500
Something to keep in mind with regards to activity levels is that
virtually every skeleton found from pre-agricultural eras exhibits the
muscle attachments on par with those of olympic athletes.  Our ancestors
WERE very active (check out Loren Cordains paper on the projected energy
expenditure of HG's).  Your point that our ancestors were likely excellent
organizers and not simply pushing boulders about for the heck of it is most
certianly true, however this does not diminish the amounts and intensities
of of activities they performed.  In Another aspect of the paleo life-way is
the enormous amounts of rest which HG's had.  essentially very hard work and
LOTS of rest. Most modern periodized training for elite athletes follows
patterns similar to this.
Robert

To unsubscribe from the list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the email.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser