EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:39:46 -0400
Something occurred to me while chasing a pair of ducks through the woods
that had gotten loose. I sometimes do all-out 30 second sprints
alternating with 30 second jogging, around five cycles. But chasing
those ducks got me more out of breath than I've ever been while working
out. Having that external goal for motivation seems to have made me push
harder than I've been able to do when it's artificial exercise. Having
more vital reasons for exerting may have been an advantage our
pleistocene ancestors had over us in terms of acheiving a high degree of
fitness.
Hilary McClure
Danville, Vermont

with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the e-mail.