EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:42:38 -0400
Deirdre F Parker wrote:

> How on earth can I lose fat eating 2lb of meat a day and not get colon
> cancer? No need to reply. It is a rhetorical question, as I have read
> Art's web pages.

It looks like meat doesn't give you colon cancer. Maybe you missed
reports of a recent study. Study was of two or three hundred thousand
Europeans, from Greece to Norway, and found no link between red meat
consumption and any type of cancer. It seems previous studies didn't
factor out cured and processed meats, and those are the ones causing the
cancer. Six ounces of meat a day seems like way too little for optimum
health, for a variety of reasons which I don't have time to go into at
the moment.

Hilary McClure
Danville, VT

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser