EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denise Doty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:03:31 -0700
I agree with what you said about anaerobic exercise,
and the linear relationship between intensity and
hormone release.  I do question that relationship when
it comes to aerobic exercise.

From the textbook cited, with regards to human growth
hormone: "Endurance training modifies the hGH response
to exercise.  Studies have shown that resting hGH
levels may be elevated in trained indivduals."
(pg.140)

With regards to testosterone: "During prolonged
exercise, the testosterone responses appear quite
variable.  There are findings suggesting that
testosterone concentrations are either increased or
decreased with prolonged exercise." (pg. 152)

Again, there seems to be disagreement as to what
hormones are released during prolonged aerobic
exercise.