EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:39:03 -0500
<snip>

I'm not going to bother requoting the quote I quoted several times about
missassuming paleolithic fruit was less sweet than modern cultivated kinds.
If people don't want to read it the first three times, they won't read it a
fourth.

<<Another gotcha is that our assumptions about the insulin produced by
proteins, fats, and carbs is incorrect. Look closely at the insulin scores
for isocaloric portions of various foods in the chart in this article.
http://www.zonehome.com/zlib0025.htm All Bran and eggs produce the same
insulin response. Fish, lentils, whole grain bread, brown rice, popcorn,
potato chips, apples, and oranges are about equivalent. Beef and cheese
produce more insulin than pasta.>>

Seems to blow the whole low carb theory out of the water.

Diane