ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:16:14 -0600
Since 9 out of every 10 people I pray with are either suicidal, or have
been, or have actually attempted it, the question of Christians and suicide
comes up often.  Of course, some Christians believe for a Christian to
commit suicide, they would be committing the unpardonable sin so that means
they can't go to Heaven if they take their own life.  Suicide is not the
unpardonable sin so that rules that out.  If you don't know what the
unpardonable sin is, we'll start up another thread to cover that issue.
Some Christians just believe, for some reason, to take your own life is
wrong and therefore, you wouldn't go to Heaven.  Still, other Christians
believe you would go to Heaven simply because you are born again.  So,
what's the truth and the Biblical evidence of what you believe?  This isn't
a trick question, by the way, and I am very serious.  As I said, I talk with
people all the time who face suicidal tendencies and most have never told a
living soul except me.  Why me?  Because I know what being suicidal is like.
I know what the demonic voices sound like and what they say when they try to
get you to take your own life.  So, again, this is not a trick question nor
am I trying to get you to agree with me.  I would just like to hear other
ideas on the subject.

Phil.