ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:00:01 -0700
She came home from the grocery store with her 10 year old son so I did get
to talk with her tonight.

She claims she has done no drugs since we last talked as a group to her.  I
told her I found that very difficult to believe.  I covered all the things I
had written down and she admitted to some of them.  She was adamant,
however, about not doing the drugs.  She also began explaining why she was
behaving the way she was and a very wounded and hurt and defeated person
began talking and crying.  So, I did a little pastoring and preaching.
Everything but the offering.  I explained many things to her that were the
cause of her pain and woundedness.  She began listening.  I talked a lot
about accountability and the importance of that type of relationship to
maintain a walk with the Lord.  I told her, as I did this morning in church,
that I would be teaching on this beginning after the first of next year.
She immediately, before leaving to go to bed, asked to start praying again.
So, that is where we begin; next Tuesday evening.  That is where we all
start.  thank you for praying.

Phil.

Victory Isn't Something You Have; It Is Who You Are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com