ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:38:53 -0400
Phil,
         I think that that's about the point that I would ask them if
they would like a second cup of coffee and some more dessert and then
pray that something distracting would happen to help me change the subject.
         Seriously though, isn't the lesson of your story with the
family with the car similar to the lesson learned from Job.  God
doesn't answer the why questions and, He doesn't have too.  I know
that that won't be a satisfactory answer to a non  believer, but they
also refuse to believe that no one is innocent because all are guilty
and deserving of death.   So, there you go.  This kind of discussion
just will not be resolved over one conversation which means we need
to build relationship and that always takes time.
         I heard the coolest saying yesterday on Focus on the
Family.  God doesn't make microwave Christians.  He uses crock
pots.  Boy, ain't that the truth.
Kathy