ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:45:30 -0500
Hi Phil,

This is Mari. A friend is one who will gently reprove me, pray with
me, love me through the bad times, laugh with me through the good,
laugh with me when I fall on my tush in the snow, go to thrift stores
with me, who will tell me I have a stain on my shirt, will hold my
hand when I cry, who will call or visit me in the hospital, who will
share a meal, who will read me Scriptures when I'm down, who will not
put their best foot forward to impress me, who can make me bibs cuz I
eat like a slob, who will drive me to church when it's below zero,
who will spend hours on the phone with me, who is always there to
pick up the pieces, who takes a genuine interest in my life, who sees
me as a person who is blind and not a blind person, who shares their
life with me, who will show their tears to me. In short, a
soft-hearted, gentle Christian who accepts me for who I am.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS,
Mari