ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2009 02:38:06 -0400
Yes it would have.  Marriage would have compromised Jesus' mission.  He was
to devote himself entirely to God.  His Allegiance was meant for god alone.
This was mandated from the beginning of time.  Further, his progeny would
face difficulties.  As Our Lord was God, who would they be.  There was to be
only one begotten son of God.  God was never meant to have natural grand
children.  Also, there would be the problem the Church would have to face
regarding those who wished to create a dynasty.  In a Faith where equality
in the eyes of God among it's members is a benchmark, such a dynasty would
be anathema.  Can you imagine the problems certain Christians have regarding
Mary's veneration being magnified should Jesus have taken a wife and
produced offspring?