ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:47:53 -0600
No, this is not Christian related.  Unless, of course, you use a keyboard
with your computer and type a lot.

Phil.

My wife and I go through keyboards like nothing.  We have hunted
for a good, long lasting, production type keyboard for years and
finally found one.  We tried the key click style and brand and
liked them and used them for years, off and on, but then they
became very difficult to find.  Plus, after maybe six months of
use, the control keys often began to stick.

The other day, my oldest son found a keyboard that Sandy first
purchased and tried and then we ordered a second for me.  Sandy,
as some of you know, is a production typist as a medical
transcriptionist and has been typing for 38 years.  She wears out
the standard keyboard you get with your computer within six
months.  Additionally, her hands begin to ache and this new
keyboard seems to have eliminated that.  this new keyboard doesn't
have the letters and numbers printed on the keys so if you are a
hunt and peck typist, forget it.  They sell for 69 and 89 dollars
plus shipping.  Two day air runs about 18 bucks additional.  They
are USB keyboards but you can purchase, at just bout any computer
store, a USB adapter the converts it into the standard IBM small
barrel type connector and plug it right back into where your old
keyboard was originally.  That's if you don't have a USB port.

The keys are very light to touch.  The minute I began using mine
today, I realize I was typing much faster because you simply don't
have to press hard for the keys to make contact.  According to
their website, and this sounds about right in product usage, the
average keyboard will stand about 10 to 15 million keystrokes.
I'd like to see that, though.  This keyboard, they claim will run
50 million keystrokes and 80,000 hours of use.  The backslash is
also just above the enter key so your little finger can tap it
without your hand leaving the home keys.  Speaking of home keys,
the F and J keys have no markings on them but are curved and
deeper than all the rest of the keys found on the keyboard so
going directly to the home keys is no problem.  I have had
problems for years with my right hand hurting after typing for
very long.  This keyboard is so easy to type on, my right hand
doesn't seem to care about it at all.  For complete details go to:

www.daskeyboard.com

and read more about it.  No, I'm not selling them nor making any
money off of them but if I could, I would.  I just thought some of
you might like to know about them.

Phil.

He's ready when you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com