ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:21:56 -0500
You guys,
I am in the midst of a comedy of errors at this very moment that is just
too funny to keep to myself.

        Tonight we are having a memorial service at our church for a man
who passed away last Saturday.  Tomorrow the daughter of the former
pastor of this church is getting married in the same sanctuary.  Now I
ask you, what do both services have in common?  Answer:  flowers of
course.  Well, this morning, the wife of the man who died asked Greg if
her son could drop off some flowers at the church.  Greg said that
 that would be fine, but that he wouldn't be there.  Some of the ladies
would  be there, however, to clean the church.  Well, while the ladies
were cleaning, some flowers got dropped off so they locked the church
when they left thinking that everything had been taken care of.  Well, I
just got a call from a very upset widow and I'm sure that I don't need to
explain why.
        To top that off, remember the frozen pipes that we had last week?
 Well, earlier this week the  hot water supply froze again to the
bathroom that the boys use, but we didn't think much of it because they
could still use the shower in our bathroom.   Well, we just got home.
It's about 12 degrees right now, a regular thaw!  Anyway, the water is
flowing now in the boys' bathroom, but now we can't shut it off!  Now we
don't have hot water because the water heater can't keep up with the flow
and when Greg can fix it is beyond us.  Another lady at church asked Greg
to climb under her  house this afternoon to check on damage from the cold
on her pipes, plus, he has to finish preparing for the memorial service
this evening.  All I can do at this point is laugh because anger sure
won't change a thing, so have a laugh with me.  I'm sure that God is
having a chuckle over it.  "Oh, what a tangled web we weave."
Kathy

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!