ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:19:05 +0100
Absolutely, Peggy!  I can agree totally with you!

Here's a recent testimony for you.  (Sorry to those who know.  Just
press DEL!)

I reached the height of my last ear infection and slumped into bed in
considerable pain.  My face was swollen badly and I couldn't eat . . ..
I knew that tomorrow morning, if nothing had improved, I would have to
stay in the hospital.  I wasn't too keen on this, I admit, because of
the extra stress level this would invariably involve.  I just wanted to
stay home!

I was just too tired to pack that bag.  I knew the signs now and knew
what would be said if . . ..

I asked the Lord:  "How can I pack that bag?  I'm just too tired!"  He
said, "Don't pack it;  just go to bed!"

Did I argue?  No, I was too sick and too tired and wanted to trust Him!

I had another bad night.  In fact it was the worst with this infection .
. ..

I woke on Saturday morning, feeling just a tiny bit better and my face
was down just a little, but it wasn't normal and my ears still hurt
badly!  I knew I could still end up in hospital . . ..

Again I asked the question:  "Should I pack the bag, Lord?"

He said, "No.  You're not staying in hospital.  Just go and tell the
others."

OK!  This is where I could have been wrong, a fool, whatever, but I told
Mike and my friend Margie, who was taking me to the hospital for more
emergency treatment.  "I'm not packing the bag as I won't be staying
in."  I even told the doctor and he believed me!  <SMILES>

Well, He was faithful to me and I did hear Him, but I too can think of
other times where I've been wrong!  We do have to exercise ourselves
though in order to learn what is right and, anyway, Paul was a fool for
Christ so why shouldn't we be!

Blessings to all.  It's time for my bedtime drink!

--
Carol