ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:25:13 -0500
Hi, all, they thought  that Christian had some sort of disorder  caused by
rejection of the bone marrow, but it is a liver disorder, here is the latest
note I got:
vSUNDAY, MARCH 05, 2006 09:57 PM, CST
table end

New news. Christian does not have GVHD she has VOD. I don't know what that
stands for, the nurse explained it like this, her liver is acting like a
spider
web instead of a food disposal. Everything is being kept or caught in her
liver. So her liver is enlarged and she is in tremendous pain. Today the
meds.
they tried to relieve it with didn't do the job. She is extremely swollen
and her skin looks yellowed. Right now they are giving her large doses of
Lasics
(sp?) basically works like a water pill and then more pain med to control
the pain through the night. The doctor will decide what to do tomorrow. I
will
update as soon as I can. Thanks for continued prayer support. We love yall.

Your prayers are appreciated!
Rhonda