ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:42:51 -0700
Praise God!  I just love stories like yours!  And it really does give one
goose bumps when you realize all the different classes you each could have
been in, or you could have left before the instructor talked to the lady
about her cornea transplant, etc.  God truly is amazing.  But I still can't
help wondering why Disability Services didn't take the book for other
students (like you) to use.  Oh well, God took care of the situation.

Peggy

At 10:30 PM 8/24/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Here's the long and short of how God worked in this class situation.  Keep
>in mind that there are lots of econ classes with other instructors.  This
>instructor has several sections of the class.  I had almost decided that
>since the textbook was not available anywhere that I'd go to this first
>class and then probably drop.  Sure I could scan the book, but lots of
>graphs and geometry and algebra.  Considering that I am math challenged,
>sounded like the best solution to me after having had a day that was a
>Monday on a Tuesday; if you know what I mean.  So I showed up in class, as
>did the whole room full of other would-be students.  During the class, the
>instructor made reference to this woman in his class as a student this
>Semester, having been in his class last Semester.  At the end of class, I
>heard him ask her when her other kornea transplant was scheduled.  Naturally
>my ears became antenna-like.  More information forth coming was that she was
>now fully able to read print.  So that was miracle one.  Miracle two is that
>disability services office who specifically told me that this book was not
>in their catalog had actually recorded it for her and when she tried to
>return it to them, they refused to accept it back.  Therefore, she still had
>it in her possession.  So she will bring the tape recordeded text book to me
>next class.  Miracle 3 is that we could have been in the same class at all.
>There are lots of Macro Econ classes.  This instructor teaches 6 or 7
>sections alone.  Then there are all those taught by other instructors.
>
>Thanks for praying.  Best of all, God gets all the glory.  What a
>prayer-answering God we serve.  I have no objection if you pray me through
>the rest of the class.  Grin.
>
>Vicki

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac