ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:47:42 -0700
Jen, all things are possible with God, remember?  It is very possible that
your father turned to God seconds before his death, or maybe as it was
happening.  I don't remember if he was killed on impact or if there was
perhaps a brief time in which he was perhaps unconscious as he was
dying.  But God is so great and so unlimited that anything is possible.  Of
course there's no way of knowing if the little one's words were from a true
vision or a child's imagination.  But perhaps you can use it to remind you
of just how big and unlimited and merciful and compassionate our God is.

Hugs,

Peggy

At 05:49 PM 10/16/2004, you wrote:
>Hi all.  As most of you know, my father was killed last year in a motor
>cycle accident.  Also... as most of you know i was struggling with peace
>about seeing him again.  Now for the story.
>
>Last weekend i went to my moms as i often do and i was told this happened.
>My nephew, who is 2... and who only knew my dad for a year.  My brother was
>trying to get him to sleep and so he drove around... that usually works.
>anyway, Joey... my nephew started waving... and looking out the window and
>saying "I miss you..." "I love you!..." over and over.  Well my brother...
>thinking he was talking to him responded.  Joey kept shaking his head and
>saying "no daddy."  Josh got kind of confused so he asked him what he was
>talking about.  Joey said... "sh'h'h'h... I'm talking to Papa!".  Tha'ts
>what he used to call my dad.  So Josh was kind of floored... and asked where
>Papa was.  Joey said, "With Jesus."  NOw mind you... I am the only true
>Christian in my immediate family and my brother just doesn't teach him about
>Jesus.  So, Josh asked Joey what papa was doing... and Joey said, "Him and
>Jesus are smiling at me."
>
>what do i think of this?  Do i hold on to it and run... holding on to that
>promise?  Di think it all a fluke?  I don't want to... my dad wasn't the
>best Christian... didn't live the Christian life... walked away from God
>after the military... but... the morning he died i woke up with such an
>uneasy feeling so i prayed.  I rebuked death... no i'm not going to go their
>about asking y he still died... but could God have still heard my prayers?
>Is it possible for someone to turn back to Christ seconds before an accident
>or whatever?
>
>If this wasn't God could it have been satan trying to play with my and my
>familys minds?  If it is God i thank HIM for giving me this promise and i
>look forward to seeing my Daddy again!
>Jenifer Barr.
>Waiting for HIS soon return!
>AIM: jenibear1998