ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:56:21 -0400
Well, Phil,
        As always, you are right.  One thing that I suppose that chris is
afraid of is responsibility.  He's also afraid of new situations, but on
the responsibility thing, I think that he likes the idea of having
responsibility, but not the reality of it.
        By the way, Chris did not go to Eric's today with us.  I happened
to have a recording of yesterday's events.  Unfortunately, it was of very
poor quality, but about five minutes worth was enough to give Eric an
idea of the reality of the situation.  Eric called the probation office
for us and ran in to the same dead ends that we did.  AT least now he
sees more clearly the opposition that we are up against.  He is
encouraging us to still try to get the police on our side before another
situation happens so that I can get my authority in the home back and so
that they may be more willing to act.  I'm so sick of this!  The
probation officer and Eric also suggested that we contact adult
protective service, anything to get some protection and some real help
for Chris.  Greg is doing most of the calling and leg work right now.
I've lost a lot of the will to fight.  Please pray especially for Greg
while he bares the weight of our family on his  shoulders.  I'm having a
lot of trouble willing myself to put the next foot forward in walking
along side.  I'm ashamed of that fact, but it is the truth.  Most of me
just wants to take Caleb and Liz and move into our new house and be all
cozy and warm and leave Chris behind.  Some mother, huh?
God bless,
Kathy

Get your name as your email address.