ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:50:55 -0000
Hi Dear Sister Pat,

I'm really glad too that you have been praying with Phil.  He says he knows
nothing - and I know what he means - but God knows all and he (Phil) trusts
God to sort out the tangles.  I don't fully understand either how it is that
the heart is new and we're to continually renew our minds, but I do know
that we all have garbage down there that we have buried (some deeper than
others) and that healing in itself brings about freedom!  I know because I'm
treading that path too and, though I could question many things, I do
believe that over the past eight months or so the Lord has really used Phil
to help me at a time of crisis that I would dare to say, most of you could
have imagined!  (To give you all a hint, it was only last week I was able to
write a final "Goodbye" to my Dad who died last February and our
relationship over the past several years had been less close than the rest
of the years I had been a Christian and certainly a lot less close than the
relationship before I was a Christian.  I am now well on the way to
recovery, though even today I am still very emotionally tired and know that
aftermath that you feel sometimes after a huge family row, though in this
instance there hasn't been one.)  Forgive the garbled sentence!

"For freedom Christ has set us free" and I will embrace that in any form He
chooses!  He is not a God Who has to do things always the same way - no,
rather He's a God Who knows us through and through, loves us all the same
and goes out of His way to minister to us in a perfect way that we will
respond to.

So, persevere dear sister as long as you feel the Lord is blessing and
helping, and do not be put off by friends who know so little about what
you've been through or what you're going through now.

--
Carol