ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:32:22 -0600
Kathy,

It most certainly is frustrating when our own children begin using our own
government against us.  As with my daughter, however, she finally went so
far, she nearly ended up in prison.  Last weekend, a former friend stopped
by my son's house.  They went to Christian school together.  He was 280
pounds when he was just 15 years old.  He has been in a ton of trouble since
high school and while in high school, he and a friend broke into a family's
home and beat their son nearly to death with baseball bats.  My daughter saw
him standing out in the yard alone so she went to witness to him.  She began
by telling him how she no longer smoked cigarettes since he was smoking at
that moment.  Within less than two minutes, he was offering her a line of
cocaine.  She turned and walked away from him.  She passed her first test
and all by herself.  Chris will cross over the fine line eventually and he
won't find dealing with the police as enjoyable and as exciting as he does
now.  Until then, we just keep praying.

Phil.