ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:36:18 -0600
My two younger grandsons were going to stay with me so they wouldn't be in
the way.  I have no idea whose idea that was but I thought they should be
with their dad.  So, Ryan and Cooper, ages 9 and 5, came into my office and
my daughters son, 16, whose
name is Taylor, brought them over and they all explained what they saw.
Taylor ran back to the house and Ryan said, hear the ambulance siren
Grandpa?  I heard it a couple of seconds later but I told him the fire
department would likely come first because they had medical helpers that
would be helping his dad before the ambulance could arrive.  That is exactly
what happened.  I told the boys, since I felt bad they were made to come to
grandpa's house because they would be in the way if they staid, to open the
door so they could see the firetruck and ambulance.  Then I told them, as
they watched the men getting out, to go out and stand in front of my office
so they could see.  I went out with them but by then, the first responders
were in my son's house.  We came back into my office and then Ryan said,
Grandpa, can you die from having a seizure?  I almost started crying.  I
explained by saying, Ryan, you can die from anything.  I said, even a broken
leg can make a person die.  It can get infected, if not taken care of
properly, but I said, Your dad is not going to die.  He asked, What will
they do for dad in the hospital.  I explained, in basic terms, what they
would do for him and they would probably give him medication to help him
feel better but, I said, he won't die.  I don't know if Vicki, here on the
list remembers, but the night she called and said her husband, John, was
back in the hospital and they were going to rush him into open heart surgery
right away, the Lord told me, John isn't going to die yet.  I climbed out of
bed about 1 in the morning and rushed up just as they were wheeling John out
to the surgical room.  I stayed with Vicki, and John's sister who came up,
until 9 o'clock that morning.  I had been asleep for about an hour and I
never got sleepy all night.  I was sitting in an empty waiting room next to
Vicki the whole night and occasionally Vicki would say something like, I
sure never dreamed I'd be planning a funeral tomorrow.  I always said the
same thing, John isn't going to die, Vicki.  You see, it is what Jesus said
to me so I just repeated his words; John isn't going to die yet.  What was I
thinking and feeling you might ask?  I was hearing the same things Vicki was
hearing, he is going to die, he isn't going to make it, how am I going to
handle the funeral arrangements, and more.  Each time I heard such things,
on the other hand, I said, John isn't going to die yet.  Vicki couldn't do
it by herself because circumstances out of her control were pounding her
into the ground.  As an intercessor, I could speak in her behalf.  Besides,
Vicki is an intercessor, too, and I knew, just like today, when she called
and said I'm praying for you guys, I knew she not only would indeed pray for
all of us but I took great pleasure in knowing she is an intercessor and
knows how to pray for others in need.  In fact, the Lord reminded me of
exactly that when I heard her audio recording come in to my iPhone.  In this
case today, on the other hand, I heard no such assurance from the Lord.
Believe me, as I waited at home for two hours to hear from Sandy, I prayed
fluently and aggressively and strained to hear the confirmation, your son
won't die, but it never came.  So what did I do?  I spoke what God said to
the children of Israel in Deuteronomy, speak life and not death.  I have
told you all of this to also ask you to pray for the four boys whose dad had
a seizure today in front of them and had to watch as their father was
carried out to an ambulance.  Tony, Elijah, Ryan, and Cooper.  Things of
this nature, if used by the Enemy, can have life time ramifications and
unholy effect on people and that is something, as long as I am alive, won't
be the spiritual heritage of my grandchildren.  Just mention their names
when this comes to your mind; Jesus knows the rest.

Phil.