ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:41:19 -0500
My Dear Loving Family and Friends,

I want to thank each and every one of you for making my birthday so very
special. I started writing this even before I read my birthday messages. lol.

This has been the best Birthday ever! Thanks to each and every one of you!

On Saturday, 9/11, my birthday, I made a huge potato salad, and Vernon and
I cleaned house for the party. My menonite friends called me that morning,
and they asked if they could come over that afternoon. I was so happy! They
do this every year, and they always bring a lovely cake, ice cream,  and
food gifts from their freezers which consists of stuff they have baked from
scratch. I always look forward to this every year! I always get lots of
those precious lovings and squeezings, too!

The day was spent cleaning, visiting, squeezing, and talking on the phone
to all of those of you who called! Thanks to all of you who left sweet
messages on my cell phone, and loving birthday wishes in my email inbox! Oh
I'm just elated with love and thanks to our Lord for all of you!

Saturday I received so many wonderful phone calls from many of you! Vernon,
bless his loving heart, he helpped me clean house, and took me out to eat
Saturday night! We didn't need much, as we were not really hungry from the
cake and goodies.

Saturday night was spent talking on the phone to many of you Loving ones!
Thanks to all of you on my Prayer and Praise group for all the love and
prayers and birthday greetings.

I prepared my turkey for roasting the next morning, and my frozen buns for
baking on Sunday morning, and went to bed.

I had the funniest thing happen. lol.

I got up at around seven and went down to bake my buns for the birthday
party that afternoon. I opened the oven door, and to my surprise, I found
bread dough all over my oven. lol.

I had two pans of buns in the oven raising, and well, they really rose!
lol. It was so funny! I couldn't get upset about it! I just laughed, and
squeezed the bread dough as I cleaned up the oven. lol. I didn't let it go
to waste either. lol. It all got put back in the pan with the rest of the
mess. lol.

I preheated the oven, and I told Vernon, You are getting my Duds for
breakfast, because I can't serve this mess at the birthday party. lol.

I had one tray of buns in my Microwave/Convection oven, and they turned out
beautiful!

After I baked the duds, I took out the last package of frozen buns, and
prepared them for baking in muffin pans, and also another batch in the
convection/Microwave  oven.

They rose in a few hours in the warm ovens, and I baked them. They turned
out beautiful, so I had 30 beautiful squeezable buns for my birthday party!
lol.

Vernon and I cleaned, and I put my loving turkey in the roaster, and made
my pasta salad

Sunday afternoon people started showing up here at around 3 PM. Marilynn
Gehm showed up a few minutes early with the punch makings, and the really
cool whale made out of the watter mellon rine. This was for the fruit bowl
which was served with the punch. Everyone offered to bring something. It
was cool! Marilynn had different people bring fruit for this fruit bowl,
and others brought  vegies and crackers and salads. We visited and then we
had the vegies and the crackers and the dip that Marilynn made, which was
delicious.

When it came time to eat supper, They had me be the first one to get in
line to dish up my plate. There were lots of delicious salads.

I was so glad to have everyone there. Jackie Siver sat by me at the table.
Then it was time for cake and ice cream and coffee.

They set the cake in front of me that Linda Perry had baked and taken over
to Marilynn's house on Friday evening. Then they sang happy birthday to me.
I almost cried, because it was so sweet! They lit the candles and told me
to blow them out. I blew! and Blew! They kept telling me I was missing the
candles. lol. There were 2 rows of candles. One was a row of 5 candles each
one representing 10 years, and then a row of 3 candles. I told them I
didn't want to hyperventelate! They said "that's okay! We got a nurse
here!" lol! I said And if I start a fire, we got an X fireman here, too!
lol. Everyone was laughing!

Then they took the cake to cut it. It was delicious. and I think Marilynn
decorated it, but not sure.

Then I opened all the wonderful cards and gifts.

We visited and the guys were having fun out in the movie theater watching
movies, while the ladies were cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes
after filling the dish washer.

After a while, people started leaving, and I got lots of lovings and
squeezings!

It was such a beautiful party with lots of loving friends and relatives.

So, thanks again to all of you for all the birthday emails, phone calls,
cards and gifts.

May God richly bless all of you.

With much love,
Pat Ferguson